Each of the 82 hotel rooms and suites open onto a large balcony with dramatic views of Porto
All Suite interiors are decorated in an understated classic style providing an atmosphere of relaxed sophistication and individuality.
Home > The Yeatman > History
The Yeatman is located in the historic heart of Vila Nova de Gaia next to the ancient ‘lodges' where Port houses have aged their wines for over three centuries.
Many of the oldest Port firms were founded by British merchant families and are owned by their successors to this day. The Yeatmans, who entered the Port trade in 1838, were among the most distinguished and enterprising of the Port families. Their descendants maintain this tradition as owners of three of the most famous Port companies.
In the mid-1990's the family opened the first world class hotel in the Douro Valley, a Relais & Châteaux property which helped establish this beautiful region as a destination for luxury wine tourism.
In 2006 the opportunity arose for another high profile project, a landmark luxury hotel in a stunning location overlooking the historic centre of Oporto. Named The Yeatman, in celebration of the family's historic link with the city, it draws on its owners' expertise in both fine wine production and luxury hotel management to become one of the world's leading wine hotels. Opened since August 2010, it became Oporto's address of choice, the hotel which defines the city.
What's a Wine Partner?
This luxury 5 * hotel in Porto represents the very best of Portuguese wine.Read More >
Following an old family tradition Hernâni Verdelho was able to fulfil his lifelong dream in the vineyards planted by his father and his grandfather and in the wine cellars of his great-uncle, where h... In no Port house is the inherited tradition of winemaking skill and knowledge more evident than at Fonseca Guimaraens, where the wines have been made by the same family since its foundation in 1815. Quinta de Paços is a family-owned company that has belonged to the same family for more than 400 years. The Herdade do Rocim is located between Vidigueira and Cuba, in the Lower Alentejo, quite close to the São Cucufate ruins, where the Romans planted vineyards and produced wine centuries ago. Ever since Ramos Pinto was established, in 1880, it has remained an independent family-run organisation and has maintained a noteworthy policy of self-supply and ongoing technical and technological re...