"Quinta do Vallado, established in 1716, is one of the oldest and most famous "Quintasâ€ť in the Douro Valley. It once belonged to the legendary Dona AntĂłnia Adelaide Ferreira, and still belongs to her descendents. It lies on both banks of the Corgo River, a tributary to the Douro river, right near to its mouth, close to the town of Peso da Régua.
For almost 200 years, Quinta do ValladoÂ´s main activity was the production of Porto wines, that were commercialized by the Ferreira Port House (belonging to the Ferreira family).
Moving from the centuries-old tradition of selling the farmÂ´s production to the Ferreira Portwine House, in 1993 the company decided to extend the business towards the production, bottling and marketing of own-label wines.
Since 2005 Quinta do Vallado can welcome its guest in a confortable Wine Hotel, with 13 rooms.
Today, with 90ha, of which 20ha in the new Quinta do Orgal in the Douro Superior, Quinta do Vallado has achieved national and international acclaimed levels of quality and recognition, and is part of the group Douro Boys."